We are a warm, welcoming parish community located approximately 30 miles north of Brainerd, MN in the heart of the Lake Country. We have been established in the community of Emily since 1951. We invite you to come and worship with us anytime you are in the area!
Important Notice from the Duluth Diocese Office of Marriage and Family Life
Our state lawmakers need to hear from you! There are multiple bills being considered that will impact children and families here in Minnesota. Please go to MNCatholic.org/ActionAlerts, learn about the issues, and send messages urging your legislators to:
- Pass a robust child tax credit that will support families doing the hard work of raising the next generation amid increasing economic pressures.
- Bishop video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_RGPuYWeQ
- Action alert: https://www.mncatholic.org/action_19200
- Ensure that pro-abortion provisions are not included in the final health finance and policy omnibus bill. We must help women in need, not eliminate common-sense laws that help ensure her health and safety.
- Action alert: https://www.mncatholic.org/action_19151
- Vote NO on the legalization of recreational marijuana. We know this will negatively impact families, especially those who bear the cross of addiction, and will put children at greater risk of accidental overdose and drug abuse.
- Bishop video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhwas0kYmLg
- Action alert: https://www.mncatholic.org/action_18741
- Put a stop to legislation that expands transgender transitioning for minors and makes Minnesota an epicenter of this corrupt practice.
- Bishop video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FueD8uzIoy0
- Action alert: https://www.mncatholic.org/action_20241
Video From Bishop Felton
Below is a video from Bishop Felton, wishing everyone a happy Christmas season and also explaining the recent release of his pastoral letter. You can find this letter, in it's entirety, by clicking on the "Pastoral Letter" tab in the Main Menu and then clicking the link.
Daily Masses at St. Emily's are:
Wednesdays at 8:30 am and every Friday (except for the first Friday of each month) at 8:30 am.
The Angelus & the Rosary are at 8:00 am before Daily Mass
First Friday Masses are celebrated at Whitefish at the Lakes Senior Living in Crosslake at 10:00 am.
Please check the Parish Calendar for all available Masses for our cluster.
Reconciliation is Saturday mornings from 10:30-11:15 am. You may also make an appointment for private confession by contacting Fr. David.
There will be First Saturday Devotions and Mass on the first Saturday of each month. Mornings begin at 9:45 am with prayers for the Intentions of Pope Francis and recitation of the Rosary. Mass is at 10:00 am followed by confession at the usual time of 10:30 am.
Please DOUBLE CHECK times/cancellations by consulting the Parish Calendar (click the tab above) or look at the Event Calendar listing in the bulletin. Thank you!
Tuesday Noon- 2 pm
Wednesday 9:30 am-2 pm
Thursday 9:30 am-2 pm
Friday 9:30 am-2 pm
ELECTRONIC GIVING FOR MOBILE DEVICES
IF YOU ARE ON A MOBILE DEVICE & would like to give a donation to St. Emily's electronically, please click the link below:
To check for announcements regarding changes or other events, please check the parish calendar by clicking on the Parish Calendar tab above. Events will also be posted to our St. Emily's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/StEmilysCatholic/.
You may support our parish by mailing in your donations to (St. Emily's Church; PO Box 25; Emily MN 56447) or by going to the "Donate" tab on this website and donating electronically or click on the link in the Electronic Giving for Mobile Devices box on this page.
If you should need to see someone about church business during the summer months please use the north door right outside the office (facing City Park)--during the winter months please use the small entry door at the front of the church.
Please click on the bulletin link to download the most up-to-date copy which will have the latest cancellations and information available about events for our cluster.
Fr. David Forsman, Pastor
Deacon James Kirzeder
Deacon Barry Olson
- Kayleen Fletcher, Office Manager
- Paula Fletcher, Bookkeeper
- James Grimes, Accompanist
- Nancy Hathaway, Accompanist